Fall 2022 SCYSL Welcome back letter
Dear SCYSL family, Thank you for your continued support of our league. Several important notes:
1. All activities will be at MARTHA Ave (Tony Gazzola Park) Bellport this Fall (900 Bellport Ave, Bellport)
2. All scheduled Practices @ Martha are posted on our website and will be on the NORTH side of the complex
3. Games played on the weekend will be on the SOUTH side. (Gates will be opened)
4. Please ensure players are on time for practices and games. Better to be 15 minutes early then 15 min. late.
Spring 2022 – Our 17 TRAVEL teams had a lot of success! While no team WON the LI CUP, we had 4 teams make the
LONG ISLAND FINALS. We had a few teams age out and fold but we are back at it with two new teams Chelsea & Arsenal
and a total of 15 teams. Even better is the fact that our High schools are experiencing a SURGE in boys & girls playing
soccer! In Intramurals, the Cosmos took home the D2 Tournament win & the EOY FESTIVAL went as planned (in the rain!)
for the 300 intramural players with Trophies, Brooksie award winners, a DJ & free ice cream!
In addition, to the above successes, Bellport Juventus boys were LIJSL Sportsmanship Award winners. Great job team.
Our TRAVEL season begins this Saturday. Good luck to all teams.
- UNIFORM DAY – new intramural players are asked to come to Martha on Friday Sept 9 th 5:30 – 7:00 for pickup
- PRACTICES – Group Training schedule posted online, contact your coach for any additional team practices
- Opening DAY – Will be SUNDAY, Sept 11 th for PeeWee, Division 1 and Division 2
- PEEWEE (2017 & 2018)– Please show up at field in uniform. Coach Chris Day will be running things on Sundays! A
separate e-mail will go out with additional PeeWee information very soon! 9:30 & 10:30 start times
- Division 1 Boys & Girls – We have 4 girl teams and 8 Boys in each division. Girls play 9:00, Boys play 10:00 or 11:00
- Division 2 Boys & Girls – We have 4 teams here. Girls play 9:00 & 9:45 Boys go at 10:30 & 11:15.
- COACHES should have called all D1 and D2 players. If you haven’t received a call, please email the league
- WEBSITE – bellportsoccer.com is where you go to get most of your info (schedules for games & practices. Your coach
may choose to use any one of the various apps out there to communicate other things. Ask your coach about that.
- SCHEDULE – We will play 8 weeks (no games on Columbus w/e)
- PICTURES – Tentatively scheduled for Saturday October 1 st at the Martha fields. Time - TBA
- EQUIPMENT – I’m sure your child grew this Summer! Please check your kids to make sure they have proper cleats, shin
guards and uniforms. If you need any part of a uniform, show up at “Uniform day” on 9/9 5:30 – 7:00 at Martha.
Reminder - all players should bring a ball and water to every practice, Division 1 uses SIZE 3, Division 2 uses size 4.
- PRACTICES – Coaches – please contact your players to make sure everyone is back and try to schedule practices before
your first game. Remember: no lines, no laps no lectures!!!
- SUSA TRAINERS –Certified Trainers will be available Tuesdays & Thursdays. See website for schedule.
We wish EVERYONE a healthy, exciting, fun season like no other!
SCYSL & Bellport Travel soccer BOD